Ukulele Beginner Workshop ~ June 2 @ 6:30 pm
Please join us for the TBUS
Ukulele Beginner Workshop
Tuesday, June 2 @ 6:30
In the workshop, the TBUS trainers will explain the ukulele and teach several chords. Students will learn to play two songs by the end of the workshop.
Patrons will be able to check out the Ukulele kits provided by TBUS at Gulf Beaches Library.
Film Movement- Tuesday, June 2 @ 4:00 pm
International Film Movement: Venus in Fur Tuesday, June 2 @ 4:00 pm. Free refreshments served.
Alone in a Paris theater after a long day of auditioning actresses for his new play, writer-director Thomas is distraught that no one has what it takes to play the lead female character: a woman who enters into an agreement with her male counterpart to dominate him as her slave. Enter pushy, foul-mouthed, desperate and ill-prepared actress Vanda who is a whirlwind of erratic - and, it turns out, erotic - energy. When Thomas reluctantly agrees to let her try out for the part, he is stunned and captivated by her transformation: not only is Vanda a perfect fit, but she apparently has researched the role exhaustively, learned her lines by heart and even bought her own props. The likeness proves to be much more than skin-deep, and as the extended "audition" builds momentum, Thomas moves from attraction to obsession until the balance of power between director and actress shifts completely.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month ( May 13 & no class in June)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - ( May 18 & June 15)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month (May 20 & June 17)
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (No class in May & June 22)
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.