Film Movement- Tuesday, November 4
International Film Movement: The Auction, Tuesday, November 4 4:00 pm. Free refreshments served.
A man of few words, Gaby manages his family's farm - Buchard & Sons - on his own, despite his advancing age. With no actual sons to speak of and his two grown daughters living far away in the big city, he spends his days tending to the animals and land that surround him, eschewing modern technology and most social interactions. When his eldest daughter, Marie, appears at the family homestead to share news that she's finally getting divorced and in desperate need of money in order to keep the home where she and her children live, Gaby's quiet life begins to unravel. In an effort to tend to his children much the way he steadfastly tends to his farm, he'll be forced to make sacrifices he never intended for the sake of those closest to him.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month (Oct. 8 & Nov. 12)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - ( Oct. 20 & Nov. 17)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month (Oct. 15 & Nov. 19)
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (Oct. 27 & Nov. 24)
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.
Join Our Chatterbook Club @ Gulf Beaches Library -- we welcome all new members
Third Tuesday of the month @ 10:30 am
- October 21 - A House in the Sky: A Memoir by Amanda Lindhout
- November 18 - The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
- December 16 - The Day the Bathroom Ceiling Fell: and Other Entertainments by Jeanne Fuller
Madeira Beach History on YouTube
The presentation of the History of Madeira Beach by local author: Jim Schnur is now available on YouTube. Click HERE to view it.
Copies of the book can be purchased at the library.