Author Talk - Tim Dorsey, January 28 @ 4:00 pm
Author Talk by New York Times bestselling author Tim Dorsey. Wednesday, January 28 at 4:00 pm. Dorsey will talk about his most recent Serge Storm novel, Shark Skin Suite.
Bottom feeders beware: the Sunshine State’s favorite psychotic killer and lovable Floridaphile Serge Storms has found a new calling, legal eagle, and he’s going to make a killing as a crusading attorney—and star as a dashing lawyer on the big screen.
TAX Help: Tuesdays & Thursdays @10:00
AARP will begin tax preparations at the library Thursday, February 5, 10:00 - 1:30. Please bring all relevant documents, social security cards, statements, etc.
We will make tax forms available as soon as we get them. IRS is sending out very few this year. Please call 1-800-829-3676 or go to www.irs.gov/formspubs to order.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month (Feb. 11 & Mar. 11)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - (Feb. 9 & Mar. 16)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month (Feb. 18 & Mar. 18)
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (Feb. 23 & Mar. 23)
FREE Film Series -- Call 391-2828 for more info.
Winter Film Series 2015
13 week series - films to be shown on Wednesdays @ 2:30 pm beginning January 21st
- January 21, & 28
- February 4, 11, 18, & 25
- March 4, 11, 18, & 25
- April 1, 8, & 15
World of Humor Film Series
last Tuesday of the month @ 4:00 pm
- January 27
- February 24
- March 31
- April 28
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.
Page 1 of 2