Are you new to computers? Try these sites.
- New Computer User Tutorial
- The very basics of what you're looking at from the mouse to the keyboard to your screen.
- Computer Basics (GCF Learn Free)
- Clear and easy to follow introduction to the parts of the computer
- Microsoft Digital Literacy curriculum
- A structured computer basics course that awards a Digital Literacy Certficate when complete. It starts with an assessment of your skills then covers computer basics, using the Internet, using Microsoft Office, and computer security and privacy.
- Wifi, Bandwidth and Speed
- Wifi, bandwith and networks explained in lay terms
Learning to Use a Mouse
New to using the mouse, touchpad or trackball? These websites will improve your skills and build your confidence.
- Mousing Around
- Basic information about the mouse
- Practice clicking and moving the mouse
- Draw With Your Mouse
- This allows you to draw lines with your mouse or touch pad, showing you how the mouse moves and helping you gain control.
Learn to Type & Use a Keyboard
- Typing Lessons
- A series of free typing lessons to improve your skills
- Treasure Dive
- A game designed to improve your typing skills; different skills levels are available.