The Gulf Beaches is supported by the Gulf Beaches consortium and the citizens of Pinellas County who have a right to expect our facility to be clean, pleasant, and safe place for selecting materials, reading, researching, studying, writing, and attending library or community programs and meetings.
This CODE OF CONDUCT is intended to encourage behavior that supports the Library's mission to provide the best possible resources in a warm, welcoming environment. Behavior becomes unacceptable when it interferes with this mission, impinges on the rights of others, causes damage to buildings or equipment, or causes injury to oneself or others. Those willing to modify unacceptable behaviors are always welcome to stay. However, those unable to comply will be asked to leave. If necessary, the authorities will be called.
Examples of unacceptable Library behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Abandonment/leaving young children unattended
- Abuse/vandalism of library materials, equipment, or property
- Bathing, shaving, washing clothes or other misuse of restrooms
- Bring animals into the Library (except service animals for the handicapped)
- Disruptive use of radios, telephones, or other electronic devices
- Distribution or posting of printed materials not approved by Library administration
- Illegal activity of any sort
- Loitering, including refusal to leave at closing
- Loud talking or crying
- Possessing, consuming, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Selling or soliciting
- Smoking or related tobacco us
- Unruly/offensive behavior or language
- Verbal/physical abuse or sexual harassment of Library users or staff
Inappropriate use of Library computers, such as:
- Damaging or altering computer equipment or software
- Downloading or installing any program on the hard drive of any computer
- Sending, displaying, or printing obscene materials
Library staff appreciates your cooperation in making your Library a pleasant place to visit for all.